Add trust to your listings with ‘verified users’.
Trust and security are important in any trading platform, there’s nothing worse than being ripped off or scammed online and knowing who to trust can sometimes be tricky, especially if you know nothing about the person you are trading with.
We want to try and make your trades easier and safer, which is why we’ve introduced ‘Verified Users’.
Verified Users reassures other traders that your name and address information has been checked.
We do this in a similar way to TradeMe. We’ll be sending you a letter with a unique code to confirm your address.
When your account is verified, you will see an ‘AV’ badge displayed in the following areas:
- In the ad listing author details
- In your account dashboard
- On your public profile page
We have 3 profile badges per user.
- AV (Address Verified) Grey = non-verified, Blue = Verified.
- Age Badge (advisory only!) Based on documentation submitted an advisory notice on users age.
- Account Type Is the user running a personal account or as a trade account.
To verify your account you will need to submit your address to us. We send out verification letters once a week.;
If you want to have you age recorded then you will need to send us the following;
- Photographic ID – Driving License, Passport, 18+ Card.
- Bill or official letter dated within the last 3 months address with the same name as the ID.
You can submit these details through the form below; alternatively, you can email us them.
Age updates normally happen within 72 hours. Address verification will take as long as you receiving the letter and actioning the contents.